Q: What is a Keyword?
A keyword can be one word or a few words together (also knows as a keyword phrase). Keywords in relation to products, as the word or phrase that the buyer will use to search for your product. EG: iPhone – as a keyword, or pink iPhone case – as a keyword phrase.
Q: How Do I Add a Keyword For My Product?
- In your AMZFirst dashboard, go to the ‘Keyword Rankings’ tab.
- Here, you will see the list of your products (make sure you have added the product first).
- If you don’t have any keywords added for that particular product, you will see the blue text ‘Click here to add keywords’, like shown below:
- Click on this text.
- Or if you have added at least 1, but want to add more click on the ‘+’ icon.
- You will now see a pop up box appear, titled ‘Add Keywords’.
- Go to the box, which prompts you to ‘Type keywords here’.
- Type at least one Keyword, entering the keywords one per line.
- For this example, we’ll type ‘Basketball’ and a few other keyword phrases.
- Then, click on ‘Add Keywords’.
- Now you will see a black box appear in the top right hand corner telling you how many keywords have been added and that the data will appear in 5 minutes.
Q: What do the Rankings mean?
- Scroll down to your product and click on the product title (in this case the basketball).
- You will see a dropdown table appear beneath this product.
- This shows you detailed statistics about each keyword
- Google monthly keyword search volume.
- A graph of your daily rankings.
- Your current rank for that keyword, against this product only, from the generic Amazon search results.
- The change in rank from the previous day.
Q: How does the Keyword Suggestions feature work?
Just below your Product, you will see a blue bar titled ‘Click here for Keyword Suggestions’.
- Click on the blue bar and you will see a box appear titled ‘Keyword Suggestions’.
- Select or unselect the checkboxes for the keywords you’re interested in.
- Check that the Amazon marketplace is correct for the country you’re selling in.
- Click on ‘Add Suggestions’ when you’re finished.
The keywords will be added to that product listing.
Other options are:
- Click on the yellow box titled ‘Click here to see all Keyword Suggestions’.
- Click on ‘Not interested in These Keywords’ and it will not display these keywords again.
- Or click on ‘Cancel’ to return to the Rankings page.