Optimizing Your Title
How to create a compelling product title that will rank your keywords, and that people will actually click:
- iPhone 6 case. Black. Lightweight.
- THE #1 Rated iPhone 6 Case in the World. Matte Black Finish, and Incredibly Lightweight.
- THE #1 Rated Thin iPhone 6 Case in the World. Matte Black Finish. Best Slim Lightweight Case For iPhone 6 In Existence. Highly Protective Cases and Loved By All.
- iPhone 6 case
- Case for iPhone 6
- “case” and “cases”
Pro tip: Don’t be afraid to make your title extra long. You are allowed 200 characters in most cases, use them.
Some titles can get extremely long, and from an SEO perspective this is ok, even if it looks a little silly sometimes. Just don’t let it hurt your click-through rate.
Optimizing Your Product Description
Creating your long form description
- <b>Bold Text</b>
- <i>Italicized Text</i>
- <em>Italicized Text</em>
- <br> Line Break
Pro tip: Address the most common objections in your description. Often the most frequently asked questions about your product are objections waiting to be answered. If you can clarify the top ten most common questions here, you’re going to make it a lot easier for confused buyers to move forward with the purchase.
Optimizing Your Listings Bullet points
How to write bullets that stand out and get you more sales
- BEST IPHONE 6 CASE AVAILABLE – Our iPhone 6 cases are routinely voted #1 by users. Our focus on quality is 2nd to none.
- EXTREMELY LIGHTWEIGHT – We go above and beyond when it comes to material selection. We use state of the art lightweight materials to insure you barely even notice the case is there.
- SLIM, THIN & SEXY – We make the thinnest case for the iPhone 6 on the market. You won’t find a case that is more slim anywhere. Attractive matte black colored case.
- BUY 3 SAVE 25% – We love our customers and want them to love us too. If you buy 3 or more of our iPhone 6 cases you can immediately save 25% at checkout (no coupon necessary). Buy for a friend or loved one and save together.
Pro Tip: Study copywriting, to create a higher converting title and bullet points. Copywriting is the art of written persuasion. The better copy you have, the higher your conversion rate is going to be. Don’t be afraid to put in the time studying copywriting, it will benefit every aspect of your business.
Optimizing Your Product Images
You’ve all heard the expression “a picture is worth a thousand words,” yet some of you are still not taking full advantage of the photos in Amazon. Many people respond best to visuals, so you want to make sure you’re doing everything you can to sell your products from your pictures alone.
Not to mention that Amazon directly takes images into account for their ranking algorithm.
How to optimize your Amazon images
Pro tip: If you think you don’t need 6 product images, you can use some of your images to build trust, such as guarantees, a “made in America” badge or other symbols of quality or loyalty. Technically it’s against the rules, but everyone does it.
Optimizing the Seller Backend
Your product information
- Search Terms
- Intended Use
- Target Audience
- Other Attributes
- Subject Matter
- Colors, Flavors, dimensions
- Safety warning
- Material etc.
- ‘Platinum Keywords’: These will almost certainly not matter to you, but you can fill it in anyway like everyone else does ☺
Pro tip: Now that your customers have found your product, learned about it, and decided it’s what they want, they need to see that other people like them have found it to be what they’re looking for.